Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

JV AF Post

From Coach Roger

Today was a great learning experience for our young team.  There were a lot of great things I saw both individually and collectively.  The team we played from AF is an excellent team, well disciplined and technically sound.  I hope our team can recognize a great team when we play one and learn from the experience and become better because of it.

Before we get into the game, I want you to know I love being a positive reinforcer type coach.  When we share the same vision and belief, I believe we can accomplish anything we set our minds to.  I hope we can work to establish this shard vision and belief as the season progresses, but it is still early and we have a ways to go.  I'm proud of you and the efforts you made, and I hope we can learn, improve and be successful together.  I love reinforcing the positive and will look to do so throughout the season.

We are still struggling to communicate.  When we all take upon ourselves the responsibility to defend "our man" (depending on shape/formation), or work a quick 1-2 combination, communication has to be at the core of what we do.  Marc and Ben had some great combinations, as did Rasband and Jacot on the other side with some forwards checking to the ball to assist the ball forward (Alex, Silverio, etc.).  

We are still learning and growing with each other, and through that there will be some growing pains.  But lets look to stay positive, work together and share in that belief and vision, and the sky will be the limit for our team.

Player of the game: Marc Bichon

No comments:

Post a Comment