Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Provo - Timpanogos

Timpanogos 0 - 3 Provo

Player of the game - JV

I played in a couple games in the last few weeks and forgot how much running soccer is. I was tired within minutes of both games. I watched the JV boys go into the game, give it their all, and sub out. I'm always impressed with people who give "it" their all, whatever "it" may be.

Many times we give "it" our all and fail, even fail miserably. In these circumstances I often hear, this isn't fair, I worked so hard, but I've done everything I can. All of these are valid points, but miss the mark when we look at these from a life-enriching perspective. What if we stop giving "it" our all after a failure?

Failure teaches us as well if not better than success. If failure has taught you to blame others, stop trying, cry, or complain, then you are missing out on vital learning experiences that will shape you as an individual. Winston Churchill said, "Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm."

How many times has Messi missed easy chances? How many times have you seen great players play awful? In the NBA finals in 1994 I watched John Starks miss 11 three pointers - 11! He is still the all-time leader in Knick's history for MADE three pointers. The only person to miss more three pointers in a playoff game is.....Steph Curry who missed 13!

What you do with failure will largely determine how much success you will have in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment