Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Rough game tonight but it might be what we needed. Lost 1-0 vs Springville.

I'm a religious man and answers to prayers sometimes come in strange ways. When I pray for the boys I usually pray for them to win, but this time I said "help them learn out of each game what they need to learn." Here are my two insights on what I hope they learned.

Varsity squad
1. Fundamentals win games - communicate, pass, hustle - happened the 1st game, hasn't happened since.
2. We are a team, there are no good players or bad players, there's only a team and you either make the team a good team or you make them a bad team by what you do on and off the field.
3. If you kept your head, played hard and were positive with yourself, the only thing you lost today was a game.

Junior Varsity
1. Fundamentals win games - communicate, pass, hustle - finally paid off and will continue to do so.
2. You are a team and you act like it, you are going to win more and more of these games.

Players of the Games:
Varsity - Trevor Monney - great passing, great hustle, way to give it your all.
JV - Vince, crazy sick hat trick

No comments:

Post a Comment